Success Stories: Jimmy Hayden




Name: Jimmy Hayden

From: Lake Grove, NY

Studying: MBA Finance

Internship: FINRA Graduate Intern - Member Regulation, ROOR 


Internship experience:
I was offered a position with FINRA in their Risk Oversight and Operational Regulation (ROOR) department in NYC. I applied via LinkedIn and was fortunate enough to land an interview. From there, I reached out to family members, friends, and GBCS for interview tips and for some advice on what questions to ask them (which I feel REALLY helped). 

Advice for other students:
Put a lot of effort into your grades- one of the first questions I was asked was along the lines of, "You had X GPA at Hofstra. What did you do to accomplish that?" Sort of reassured me that good grades *do* matter. Also, don't give up - I applied to dozens of positions and only had 3 interviews. Put a lot of effort into interview prep and try to go into it relaxed.

How did GBCS help you?
Resume critique and coming up with my 3-5 stories and how to tailor them to different questions.

Comments

Popular Posts