Success Story: Digital Marketing Internship at Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc.

Elena Liu
Xi’an, China
Marketing & Business Analytics
Digital Marketing Intern at Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc.

What job/internship experience have you landed and what steps did you take to earn it?

Working in the Distribution Marketing team at Leviton as a Digital Marketing Intern is a great experience. Our team is very open and they encourage me to come up with new ideas to help them. It’s hard to believe that just one year ago I arrived in New York and started building my dream there.

The first step is the hardest. I spent a lot of time and effort to get my first internship. I started building my resume and LinkedIn profile, and I asked many professionals for advice about broadening my horizon in the marketing field. It helped to just know who I am and then keep applying. After I applied to180 positions I got 3 offers, and then I chose Leviton, a global manufacturing company. I really appreciate the experience and all of the people I met in the past year.

What advice do you have for other students?

First, know yourself. Before you start your application, ask yourself, “Who am I?” and “What strengths and weaknesses do I have?” and “What strength can help me to stand out and where is my value?” You should know yourself and choose your own way to find a job that is the best fit for you.

Second, have confidence and enthusiasm. Don’t be afraid to speak English or share your opinion. The more your practice, the better you speak.

Finally, networking is not everything; try to build up your own strength. Networking is important, but as young professionals, we should also build up our own strengths. Learning everything that you are interested in can help you grow faster. Be eager to learn and try to learn as much as you can.

How did GBCS help you?

GBCS helped me A LOT! The career coaches are very professional and they gave me so much professional advice. I attended all the events they had during my first year, which gave me many opportunities to broaden my horizon, meet people and share experiences.

Comments

Popular Posts