A New Student's Perspective


With New Student Orientation just two days away, we thought that it would be helpful to hear a few words from another new student starting at the Zarb School of Business in Spring 2018. Huwan Chen is from Nanjing, China and will be studying a Masters of Science in Human Resource Management.

"Today is the tenth day that I came to New York. During these days, I looked around my university. The university is tremendously beautiful and special after the heavy snow day. The teaching buildings, administration halls, and gym which shows different architecture characteristics are very charming. I love the Student Center and ANNIX Library the most. The Student Center offers all kinds of food, which are very convenient for students when we are hungry. It even offers the TD bank, which means I can solve my financial problems quickly.  The facilities in the ANNIX Library are well-rounded, I highly prefer future study in this environment.
I heard the information about Hofstra University from Andrew G. White IV, an Admissions Senior Associate Director for graduate business recruitment, during the meeting in Beijing. He showed me the information about major selections, school facilities, environment, interesting activities, teachers and experts. In the future I hope to have lots of opportunities to communicate with those excellent teachers and experts in order to obtain cutting-edge knowledge.
Finally, considering my concerns, I am a little bit worried about my courses, because my listening is not very excellent as an international student. It is likely that this weakness may  affect my understanding of my courses. And I hope students who have encountered the same problem before can provide me with some useful suggestions."
-Huwaen Chen, MS Human Resource Management 20'

If you're a new student, or an international student, feel free to leave comments below with things you're looking forward to or any questions you might have for GBCS!

**Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog (at the top of the page) to receive all the latest updates and recaps of our events this coming semester, as well as helpful advice for your career hunt! Also, don’t forget to check us out on Instagram @GBCS.Zarb, Twitter @ZarbGBCS, or LinkedIn @ Zarb Graduate Business Career Services, and Facebook!

Comments

Popular Posts