Success Stories: Mark Motler




Name: Mark Thomas Motler

Hometown: North Greenbush, NY

Major/Degree: M.S. Taxation

New Job: Eisner Amper LLP (Junior Accountant in Financial Service group of the Tax Department)

I came to Hofstra in Fall 2013 as a freshman with the dream of working and living in New York City. The Zarb School of Business provided me this the best opportunity to achieve this goal and I quickly fell in love with the accounting program. After four years and a Bachelor's degree, I knew that I would be participating in the Dual Degree Program and coming back in Fall 2017 to complete my Master's Degree in Taxation. The only problem was...I never did an internship during my time as an undergrad. I knew this put me at a disadvantage, but nevertheless, made the goal of getting a job before Christmas. I first used Handshake to see the positions available and I applied for as many as I could. After attending the Accounting Career Fair, I had two interviews lined up. I went to GBCS to ensure that I would be going into the interviews as the best-qualified candidate. After several resume rewrites, meetings, and interviews with potential employers the offer letter finally came a week before Thanksgiving. I am so excited to be starting at Eisner Amper LLP in their New York City office and I cannot thank GBCS at Hofstra enough for the preparation and confidence boost they gave me. I can honestly say that without them, it is likely that I would still be looking for a job! 

Mark Motler

Comments

  1. Not with standing Page of National Courier is concerned over all the constantly news pulls in and select stories relating to each present event that happens all through Pakistan and Internationally. All Breaking News and Top stories are joined.
    Success Stories

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts