Success Stories: Ernst & Young Internship


Zaiba Mansoor
Kerala, India
MBA in Professional Accountancy 

Summer 2019 Ernst & Young Internship - Northeast Assurance Services, New York

What steps did I take to earn my internship? 

First and foremost it is very important to never give up hope and to have confidence in yourself. I spent the entire fall semester applying for summer internships. Eventually, I started applying to Summer Leadership Programs, which are held by accounting firms. These are not internships but instead a pathway into an internship for the summer following the program. I was fortunate enough to attend three programs this summer. Although the program is more popular among undergraduate students, it was the perfect fit for me as it gave me an opportunity to explore one of the big four and other mid-size accounting firms. 

Through my EY leadership interview, I was invited for the program and also received an early offer for a summer 2019 internship.

Advice for other students? How has GBCS helped me? 

Like I mentioned before, have complete confidence in yourself. Our self-confidence shows the recruiters that we believe in ourselves and encourages them want to believe in us too. Secondly, make use of all the resources available to you. Throughout my interview process I would visit the Career Services very often. They have helped me immensely with everything ranging from resume critique to mock interviews to building self-confidence. Additionally, take help from your peers who are going through similar experiences, your professors and department heads. Finally, try to participate in extracurricular activities and volunteer work. In all of my interviews, my participation in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program was always the conversation starter and of great interest to the interviewer.

Comments

  1. All detailed information about the various sort of information at News Credit Career blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts