Success Stories: Ramirez & Co. Investment Banking Analyst


Hammad Imran
Sialkot, Pakistan
MS Finance – Investment Analysis

Investment Banking Analyst – Ramirez & Co., Inc.

What job/internship experience have you landed and what steps did you take to earn it?

Being an international student posed many challenges for securing a job in finance as the industry is highly competitive. I had two summer internships at commercial banks in Pakistan; one in commercial lending and the other in international trade division. I also held two internships in Long Island, NY; one at Bridgehampton National Bank and another at MK Wealth Management. These really helped me build valuable experience.

In addition to my internship experience, I passed my CFA Level 1 and held various leadership positions on campus. I was committed to applying to at least 5-10 jobs a day and I made an effort to network with professionals on campus and online as much as possible. I was referred to the job by someone I met at an event on campus and I landed the interview to secure the position!

What advice do you have for other students?

First, have your resume critiqued by the career center, professionals and your friends. It never hurts to get someone else’s perspective. Secondly, apply to as many jobs as you can because no effort goes to waste. Furthermore, network with people every chance you get. Hofstra has a great alumni base with many willing to help. Finally, use every resource you have and take advantage of every opportunity that presents itself because you never know where it might lead to.

How did GBCS help you?

GBCS helped me improve my resume whenever I needed help. I was able to get guidance on various matters such as drafting cover letters, networking in person and online, preparing an elevator pitch and approaching job searching. GBCS also assisted our student clubs in setting up some great events featuring professionals.

Feel free to connect with me with any questions you may have!

Comments

Popular Posts